Wednesday, May 5, 2010
500 gms Lamb Mince(Keema)
3/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Garlic (Lasun) paste
1 tblsp Raw Papaya Paste
1 tsp Ginger (Adrak) Paste
2 tblsp Cashewnut (Kaju)
2 tsp thick Cream (Malai)
2 Onion (Pyaj)
2 tsp Carom Seeds / Thyme (Ajwain)
2 tsp Dried Mango Powder (Amchoor)
2 tblsp Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
3 tblsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 tblsp Dry Ginger (Saunth)
1 tsp Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)
1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder(Jaiphal)
How to make seekh kabab:
* Wash the keema and put in a strainer and gently press to squeezeout all the water.
* Mix all the ingredients to the keema and knead well.
* Keep aside for 1 hour.
* Heat a gas oven or an electric oven with the skewers.
* Take a big ball of the keema mixture and hold a hot skewer carefully in the other hand.
* Press the mince on to a hot skewer.
* The keema will immediately stick to the hot skewer.
* Repeat with left over mince on all the other skewers.
* Place the skewers in the oven.
* Keep rotating the skewers occasionally.
* When cooked, gently remove the kababs from the skewers with the help of a napkin.
* Shallow fry the kababs on a nonstick pans in 1 tablespoon oil.
* To serve sprinkle some chat masala and lemon juice on the kababs.